Alcohol and drug addiction can affect anyone, no matter their background or circumstances, and is an illness like any other.
Many people who are coping withdrug and alcohol addictionsneed professional support to reduce and overcome their addiction, and a Life Resolutionspsychologist can help you not only stop your substance use, but help you manage the other issues in your life.
It can sometimes be hard to tell if you or a loved one is struggling with substance abuse issues. Many people will be able to convince others and even themselves that their drug or alcohol use is not an issue, but there are some signs and symptoms that can help you identify if addiction is present for you or someone you know.
Are you experiencing a drug problem?
- Do urges to use drugs take over your day?
- Do you feel you would ‘do anything’ to obtain drugs?
- Do you take increasingly large amounts of the drug each time you use?
- Do you spend money on drugs that should go towards food, rent, or other essentials?
- Does your drug use impact your relationships?
- Do you experience severe withdrawal symptoms when you try to quit using?
Are you experiencing a drinking problem?
- Do you routinely experience memory issues after drinking?
- Are you or others ashamed of your behaviour when you drink?
- Do you make excuses to drink, or drink to cope with your emotions?
- Do you decline social invitations because you know you will not be able to drink?
- Are regular hangover symptoms impacting your life?
- Would your friends, family and loved ones rather you drunk less?
Drug and alcohol addiction is often caused by and can also create various other physical and mental health issues, so it is important to seek the support of a trained professional if you or someone you know is struggling.
Book aLife Resolutions Appointment Today
If you or someone you care about is dealing with drug or alcohol issues, pleasebook an appointment with Life Resolutions today.Contact our friendly team or visit our website for more information on the services we offer at Life Resolutions.