We all occasionally catch ourselves frowning at our body in the mirror or jealously admiring someone else’s figure. However, sometimes, body image can become a fixation and lead to adverse health outcomes, both physically and mentally.
Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti on Body Image
With the rise of social media, and especially influencers on platforms like Instagram, it has, unfortunately, become easier than ever to feel like our bodies simply are not ‘good enough’. It can be hard to remember that the primary purpose of our bodies is to move us about, not to be an object of our hatred or something we need to fix. When we become preoccupied with how we look, other problems can develop, such as anxiety, eating disorders and health issues.
Jodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti are committed to ensuring everyone can access services that help them see their bodies and themselves how they were meant to be seen – with love. At Life Resolutions, we offer a range of mental health services for help with low self-esteem,eatingdisorders, depression, anxiety and more.
Knowing When to Seek Support with Life Resolutions
Although we all struggle with body image issues at times, there are some signs that might indicate it is time to seek professional support –
- You avoid social situations because you are worried that other people are judging how you look.
- You feel guilty about eating or feel the need to exercise compulsively.
- You experience intrusive thoughts about your appearance that upset you or make you anxious.
How the Life Resolutions TeamCan Help
Here at Life Resolutions, we have professionals who specialise in promoting body positivity and can help you reframe your thoughts around food, exercise, and body image. A mental health professional can work with you to develop a plan to achieve your health goals that is right for you and your lifestyle.
Techniques Used in Improving Body Image
Your psychologistcan employ many different techniques to help you get back on the path to mental and physical wellness.
- They may refer you to a doctor or nutritionist to assess any health concerns, then work with you to evaluate the advice given and help you apply it to your life.
- They can discuss with you where you have learnt your harmful beliefs about your body and how they are affecting you.
- They can help you create an action plan for when negative thoughts arise, and what you can do to overcome them.
Contact the Life Resolutions Team Today
If you are experiencing low self-esteem, stress about your appearance or other mental health issues, we can help.
Contact Mary Magalotti and Jodie Brenton Life Resolutions Today
If you would like to see more fromLife Resolutions, hear about the journey of our CEO and Founder,Jodie Brenton,and our Principal Psychologist, Mary Magalotti, you can click here. Or, head to the Life Resolutions website to learn more aboutJodie Brenton and Mary Magalotti’sLife Resolutions work.